Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Making 3 Dimensional Shapes in a Center

My 5 year old granddaughter recently used an I-Pad application to make different Playdough creations that featured step-by-step photos. That gave me the idea to create a series of photos that could guide Kindergarten students or 1st Grade students to create 3 dimensional shapes independently in a math center.

So I created the above series of photos for my granddaughter, let her work independently, and this is what happened...
I saved a copy of the series of photographs in my Google Docs so you can use it in your center. Click here to view or download it.

 In addition,consider using a series of photos directly on your I-Pad that the students would view step-by-step and create their own shape  OR have them create another 3-D shape and take photographs of each step as they create the 3-D shape.

For older students, they could add written directions for each step. This would be an authentic writing assignment.

Have fun... Ella and I certainly did!

Deborah Devine

3 comments :

  1. Just found your blog! Looks so interesting! Love these station ideas!! Will certainly use! Thanks for sharing!

    Peace, Love and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do these with my grade 2/3 class and they LOVE it.

    TAG you're it..check out my post for the rules :)

    http://teachplaysmile.blogspot.com/2012/01/i-have-been-bloggy-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tagged you too, you lucky! Thanks for all that you blog. :)
    ~Heather
    http://looseshoelaces.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...